Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Vacation Photo Idea: Part 1

Photobucket

The Mr. recently took me on a European getaway.
I wanted a way to photo document all the fun places we went and things we saw without having a cheesy picture of one of us standing in the foreground with an equally cheesy smile.
So.
Boring.

So I came up with 2 ideas, did them, and LOVED how they turned out!
This first one, anyone with a camera and feet can do.



Simply take a pic of your feet standing in the awesome places you go.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

To make it more exciting, in most cities you can find decorative sewer (I know...nice) or storm grates in the streets or on the sidewalks. You just have to look for them.

Photobucket

Or ones that at least say the name of the city.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

You can also sometimes find interesting things on the ground...so amongst your wide-eyed eye-spinning don't forget to peek down once in a while and see what you find.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sorry, that last one is a little too "R" for my "PG" sensibilities... but so Amsterdam.

The bandaids are a long disaster story that can be found HERE

Click here for Part 2 (my favorite) of my travel photo ideas...

HAPPY CREATING!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea1 each post you did on your family blog made me wonder what shoes you would be wearing next! I love this kissing pic's too! I love your ideas so much that I nominated you for a Liebster award! I never heard of it before until someone nominated me and I am passing it on! To see what the heck I am talking about go here:
    http://mjsomethingoutofnothing.blogspot.com/2012/09/ive-been-nominated.html

    that is the post that I nominated you in after jumping through hoops and writing volumes to get to that point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie <3 I'll have to jump over there and check it out!

      Delete
  2. Fun idea! Love to see all your different shoes too. Did your feet hurt wearing flats so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear flats everyday except for church when I wear 4" heels, and when I workout when I wear cross trainers, so my feet are pretty tough. On the days where we were out ALL day long and running through an entire city, like Rome and Paris, by the end of the day my feet were killing me. But I just wore my crocs the day after and I was all rejuvenated for another day. Thankfully crocs has a cute (for crocs) design that looks like ballet flats but has the comfort of the (hideous) original design. I like their Kadee and Mammoth flats.
      They're great for when you know you're going to be on your feet all day on hard surfaces. And your outfit won't be constrained by having to coordinate with casual tennis shoes... and that deserves an Amen!

      Delete