Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood Birthday Party

Photobucket

My little Edy has turned 6

*tear*

And this little angel was much deserving of a big bad birthday bash!



Little-Red-Riding-Hood-Party_Invite

Photobucket

"Grandma's House" sign made with scrapbook paper that looked like wood planks, written on with crayon, then I ran a lighter on the back to melt the crayon into it and make it look smooth, then I mod-podged the whole thing onto a piece of foam poster board and taped a piece of ribbon onto the back.
Easy peasy :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Cotton "Moss" Candy with Little Red and the Big Bad Wolf Tags

Photobucket

Peck of Apples
(these were kinda for decoration, but everyone ate them and by the end of the party they were all gone...who knew!?!)

Photobucket

Caramel Apple Pops

Photobucket

Apple Tarts

Photobucket

Acorn Cookies

Photobucket

Chocolate covered "sticks" (pretzels)

Photobucket

Sweet Sap Popped Corn (kettle and caramel)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apple Nectar Juice

Photobucket

I'm in love with paper straws.

Photobucket

I love how they look displayed at parties.

I digress...

For a craft we made woodland creature felt masks.
Racoon, Owl, Bear, Fox and Rabbit.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

While we were waiting for our masks to dry, we ate nummies
(SEE?! All eating apples!)

Photobucket

and Grandma did a dramatic interactive re-tell of... of course...
"Little Red Riding Hood"

Photobucket

2 decades of running her own preschool has more than prepared her for this.

It was awesome.
They were all enamored.

Photobucket

Then we had fun with the photo booth I set up.

So easy.

All I used was a 3 yard length of fun fabric and some cute letter cutouts.

Photobucket

A table of Little Red themed disguises and sayings
(pre-made beforehand on photoshop, printed, cutout, then taped onto thin wooden dowel rods).

Photobucket

My handy dandy camera and some adorable little party goers

Photobucket

Photobucket

By then our felt masks were dry so we had to add those into the mix of our picture taking.

Photobucket



Pictures which came in handy for more than just funsies,
but more on that in a minute...

Favors:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I found these awesome wooden bird whistles online HERE

The kids loved them.
they're really high pitched and loud though so we made sure to hand them out as they were walking out the door.

For the thank you notes I hopped onto photoshop and made a cute little card

Photobucket

I also put together a photo strip of each party goer from the photo booth with a tutorial I found HERE

PhotoStrip_Lidia_1

And mailed both together for each party goer as "Thank You's"
and for a fun little keepsake.
Photobucket

I'm telling you the photo-booth is now a must-have for all my little kid parties!

The whole party was a huge hit!

And I have to admit...

It was a lotta stinkin' fun!

Photobucket


HAPPY CREATING!!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the sign for Grandma's House (so clever!). The spread and the colors for the party are perfect. Happily surprised to see PB in the photobooth pics =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaime! PB and Brave Brooke were my awesome helpers, Brooke brought her amazing talents, and PB brought her adorableness. It wouldn't have been the same without them ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very inspiring party! all so beautiful! would you please help me with that: where did you get the big eyes and ears from? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia! The big eyes and ears I found online doing a clip art search, and then printed off onto card stock, then glue-gunned onto a wooden dowel/ headband respectively. The furry ears I made. The big sunglasses I found at Party City.
      Happy Creating!

      Delete